The 10 Commandments
1. You shall have no other God’s before me.
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven images.
These laws were very important. The Israelites needed them to become a strong nation amid all the people around them who worshipped idols. We are pledging in these commandments our allegiance to be loyal, obedient and respect God.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
We don’t like it if people call us bad names do we? They are being disrespectful.
God’s name is Holy and it must be used only in a reverent way.
Some people take God’s name in vain because others are doing it and we find ...
4. Remember the Sabbath day and keep it Holy.
Back in the Old Testament, this meant they should not work on the Sabbath but they carried it...
5. Honor your father and mother.
Honor means to love and respect them. When you honor your parents you love and obey them because they ar...
6. Thou shalt not murder. — God wants us to protect human life.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery. — This means husbands and wives should be faithful to one another.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
No one i...